Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

I think people really underestimate the value of not giving a fuck.

In my experience, people who fuck with you because they expect a reaction hate it when you simply don't care about the shit they do.

Yet it seems that a lot of people have some unstoppable desire to react.

My life improved so much when I stopped showing regard for things that, in retrospect, were trivial matters.

I had a friend who would go around bitching about how people on some online game were unfair/cheaters/etc, yet did nothing to change the situation, like not playing in areas where such players are known to reside.

So after a 15 minute phone call about how I didn't care about the shit she was talking about because she kept doing it, and how it was an obvious attempt at getting attention and shit, I don't hear her bitching at me about it. She's moved onto bitching at others.

Plus there are cases where not giving a fuck stops shit before it even starts.

Oh, some retard wants to make jokes about you and your ex. Not acknowledging them and moving on shut them the fuck down.

Oh, you've made a mistake/wronged someone and you've apologized and tried to make up for it. They would rather make you listen to them bitch about it. Well, not caring shut them the fuck up.

Overall, not caring about some of the shit people say/do can really improve your life. It's less stressful, and it helps to keep your own emotions in check.

No comments: