Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

I dunno what to call this. Maybe "Love Yourself."

So, this is weird, but I felt I had to share this with someon immediately, somewhere and consolidate my thoughts in one place, because dear god, if I don't I'm afraid I'll forget.

So, think of yourself as someone else for a moment. Not... how to say... as someone that's not you as like,"oh yeah! I'm some billionaire and I have some amazing thing going on and life as great." Just think of yourself as you, but look at yourself as someone separate. become an outside observer to yourself. Look at this person that you are as if you're their best friend, or just someone passing by them on the street and you've picked up all the details on their life for whatever reason. No matter what, this is someone you care about. Hell, maybe you've got a deep, brotherly love for this person such that it wounds you deeply to see anything ill befall them.

Consider all the bad things, the good things, the mediocre things, et cetera and think what you'd try and do for this person. How you'd help them out. Maybe give them some advice, help them get something done. Don't think of it as helping yourself, just imagine they're someone you know and you have all the time in the world to help them with whatever they need, all the things that you could do to help them achieve their ideal happiness.

I talked a while ago with someone that reminded me of all the good things I could say about myself ages ago. He gave me some simple advice in regards to doing any kind of project. Imagine first the best possible outcome and what you'd have to do to get there. Start shooting for it. Never try and make something that's merely good enough. Never stop aiming for that perfection until you reach a true impasse, something that maybe were you to try and sink all your resources into, you could complete that one part but the rest would be impossible to achieve. Cut that idea. Let it go, you can't have it. Now keep pressing on, try and reach as close to your perfect idea that you can.

So maybe this person you're trying to help can't do a damn thing. They have no will of their own, they have no abilities of their own, all they have to pull them forward is you. You are their single shining hope in the world. You can be reliable, you can be there for them, anything in your power to do you can use to help them. It might be something simple like helping them clean their house, might be telling them "What're you doing to yourself? Stop that. Didn't you need to get this done?"

And maybe you can help them reach for those ideals, help them live the best life that they can. Afterall, all it takes is a little encouragement sometimes.

Myself, I've always wanted to write a fairytale... It's an odd term and I doubt it's the correct one in most people's eyes, but it's the right one for me. Maybe a lovestory would be best, but those always felt like the stuff of fantasy. I want to believe in a world where someone finds in themselves the power to rise up, fight the darkness around them and be rewarded at last with the simple joys they crave.

Maybe with these two different ways of thinking, I could write that kind of story.
The Hero's Journey.
My very own myth.


tld;dr: I'm probably going nuts, but I think it's the right decision.

No comments: