Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Gay Marriages


The gay marriage push, that is based on “love, commitment etc” is completely hollow and will devalue marriage that is between a man and a women. Why? The answer is that if marriage is just about “love, commitment etc” then these are the people I want to marry: 1. My wife 2. My son 3. My mother 4. My father 5. My sister 6. My brother…. See how marriage has been devalued? It has been devalued because low it is equal to what I have with numbers 2 to 6; and if I had the same as what I have with my wife with the people listed 2 to 6, then I should be in jail and if that was global across society, then society would be very perverted.

Heterosexual marriage laws exist because in traditional society there is a compelling national interest in providing protected status to a stay-at-home spouse (June Cleaver) in the event of a tragedy involving the breadwinner. At the same time, there is no compelling national interest in providing the same protection to an unemployed homosexual bus boy whose lover dies of AIDS.


Stereotypes? Sure, but they explain why marriage in the mainstream should be protected, while "marriage" among the fringes is just another form of tax evasion and entitlement.

No comments: