Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

yes

To Mr Tan CP
Principal
Millenia Institute
Re: Appeal to be Retained at PU1

I am writing letter in the hopes that you would allow me to complete my education here in millennia institute. On realising that I achieved sub-par results a deep depression hit me, a melancholic time then ensued and plagued me till today. Today I have come to the realisation of my mistakes that have lead me down this unsettling path, today I have also realised how I can get out of this valley of depression and inadequacy - it is to strive for a better education, an education in millennia institute regardless if it takes time, or insurmountable effort, I promise you Mr Tan that I will climb out of this valley and reach that mountain top.

I do not wish to leave this school and I have made many friends here and have realised that studying at the last minute is not a feasible option and  i feel foolish. I regret my mistake and would like to be given another shot.

Being the complacent kid that I am, i thought i could leave my studies and notes to read at the last minute, as i have always been doing throughout secondary school, however this turned out not to be a good choice. I would pay attention in class and give my opinions when needed however I did not do my homework at home, I would finish it in class in a hurry without giving much effort and thought into it, hence recieving sub-standard marks. I would only study for promos and that too did not work out well for me.

I have learnt my lesson, I will spend more time at home studying even thou the hours spent at school is long as it is for my own good. Practice is essential in learning and i will make an effort to practice my Mathematics and especially writing in Malay as I am extremely weak in the subject. The 2 months holiday will not be used to relax and play instead I will reflect on my actions and use it to revise through subjects and catch up with whatever topic i am in doubt. Whenever I am not able to understand a question in class I shall look for my subject tutors for consultation to answer my queries. With this said I promise to give my 110% next year and prove to you Mr Tan and all the other teachers that I am capable of achieving good grades.

One letter, or words cannot truly express the regret I have in my heart concerning my actions and folly this year. Every day I wake up wishing I could turn back time, but life is about learning from these mistakes and in the last two weeks I have been enlightened. My hope is that you throw me a lifeline so that I can redeem myself, and then be truly worthy of wearing the millennia institute uniform and badge.

Regards,

Yours Sincerely,
Mohamed Sahdique Caubang 10A3

No comments: