Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

my baby :)


The LDR Challenge Now, here’s my shot on the LDR challenge. I’ve actually finished writing this a month ago but I’m seriously having second thoughts on posting this because apparently, another side of me would be made known to whoever discovers. Not all close friends know about it, and unless they are reading this post, they probably will never know. I decided to publish this because these are honest-to-goodness feelings, and I let myself feel the good feelings too. Why repress the good feelings when there’s full of positive, upbeat energy in it? Just as our folks would always say, “if you feel it, own it. If it’s good, then enjoy it”. Challenge #1: Your name and his name: HIM: SCM ME: MMM Challenge #2: Your ages: HIM: 20s ME: 30s (ouch!) Challenge #3: Your locations: HIM: Singapore ME: Manila Challenge #4: How did you meet? His mum was introduced to me by my friend when we went to Singapore for a holiday trip. Then his mum introduced me to him. Of course the first meeting wasn’t really striking. Everyone was busy back then. We were unpacking our luggage while he was playing computer games. Probably our first conversation was when I asked him to load apps and music into my iPod. Challenge #5: Since when have you been together? Uhm, there’s no exact date, to be honest. It started when he confessed his feelings for me through a letter, i was already attracted to him long before he told me the feeling was mutual. Then I guess everything instantly went uphill from their – deep friendship and eventually, agreed to be exclusive with each other. One time in October 2011, we were talking on Skype and it kept disconnecting because of my shitty Internet and he exclaimed for the first time, “why must it be so hard to just talk to my GF?” and I was like, hmm, that’s sweet. Thinking about it makes me feel giddy until now. But yeah, we’ve been in love since last year and have been together since February of this year. Challenge #6: What is the most random thing you know about him? He is a Harry Potter fan boy. He knows a lot about computers and everything that’s in it. He loves movies and music, particularly indie and a few good popular stuff. He writes down his thoughts really well although i think most of them are melancholy. At his age, his sense of priorities and dispositions are highly impressive; very organized and classified. He is very independent and smart. He despises it when he explains to me something and when I don’t get it at once; he’d go like “never mind!” because he doesn’t like repeating things to me haha! Challenge #7: How do you communicate with each other? Mostly Viber, when we’re not together. Messenger and Skype are other alternate means to communicate with him. Challenge #8: Favourite thing you’ve given him? I gave him a Bulgari Perfume, which is my favorite scent. Challenge #9: Favourite thing he has given you? He gave me an iPhone fridge magnet which he purchased online. Challenge #10: Favourite thing about him? He always hugs and kisses me in the most random ways. He constantly tells me he loves me. I like it when he mumbles those 3 words and I just know what he’s telling me :) Challenge #11: Pick on thing/moment you miss and describe it in detail: Whenever I wake up in the morning I always make sure that I give him a kiss in the cheeks or lips. It wakes him up, and then he wears a smile on his face even if he’s still very sleepy. I feel his sincerity and love every time he kisses me back. Challenge #12: How would you define love? - Love can be about anything really, it’s just what you feel, and probably an instinct i guess? Love is something which will always wait, no matter the situation might be. if the love is real… it will be proven with time, as all things are. Challenge #13: What do you think is the hardest thing about distance? A quote says that “The hardest thing about distance is you don’t know if he’ll miss you or he’ll forget you”. For me, the hardest thing about distance is not being able to express each other’s feelings in a physical way. Insecurities could build up. You only get to hear your partner’s voice and the sad thing is that, this soft longing sound cannot be complemented with physical touch. At times when you feel you’re at your lowest and the only person who can lift you up is the person closest to you – your boyfriend who is your best friend at the same time. Challenge #14: Describe a moment you had with him/her last time you were together. (If you haven’t met, describe how the perfect moment would be) His last few nights here in Manila were just as perfect. I had to literally escape from work just to be with him. He said he was extremely happy because he knew I always make time for him and I take care of him in so many ways. We did all things that we could - eat, movies, small talks in the terrace, cuddle, kiss, hug, and sleep. AUG 10 Challenge #15: Favorite love (LDR or not) song? He was the one who thought of this song, You and Me (by Wannadies). AUG 10 Challenge #16: Favorite love (LDR or not) movie? We haven’t thought about it. Challenge #17: Favorite love (LDR or not) quote? We haven’t thought about it. AUG 10 Challenge #18: Post a picture of the two of you together. AUG 10 Challenge #19: I know there’s not one thing, but choose one of your favorite things to hear her/him say. - didn’t even have to think about this one. My favorite thing to hear him say is just 4 words. I love you baby! (yay! so mushy!) Challenge #20: Is there something you regret? (either about the relationship or something you have done) – I do not regret having this wide age gap with him because it wouldn’t make any difference if we are of the same age. I only regret that I’m not able to explain to everyone close to me how much I love him and how much I’d like to take care of him. Maybe because there’re lots of complications between us and everyone might not be able to understand this. Challenge #21: Give us a little insight (as much as you’re comfortable) on your sex life – Well, these odd details are definitely really sexy. Challenge #22: Share something cute. (A story, something either of you have done, a song, memory, wish, dream). – All the many firsts that we did were all fantastic. He sings songs even when we’re just cuddling or snuggling in bed. He cringes when I force him to dance with me. Our small talks at the terrace after meal. He always holds my hand wherever and whenever. Everything big and small, everything is memorable. Challenge #23: Do you have a song? Which one is it? (If you don’t, then what is something that always reminds you of him/her)? I told him this before, he always reminds me of the song Heart by Stars and For You by Angus and Julia Stone. It is because these are the songs when I started falling for him. Challenge #24: Describe him/her physically and emotionally/personality-wise. – He is tall, dark and handsome. I swear, haha! He is smart and particularly intelligent. He is very patient with me whenever I am not in my best mood. Challenge #25: One thing that he/she does that pisses you off ?- I guess it would have to be when he makes fun of me; i know he’s clearly joking but being the moody person that i am, he continues to annoy me. On the hindsight thou, It makes me smile and laugh whenever he does it cos I know he makes a lot of effort to entertain me in a very childish way but still I pout and get a puppy dog look on my face when he teases and laughs at me. Though, his little chuckle and “I’m sorry” will get me every time. Challenge #26: Sweetest thing he/she has done for you He sent me a long letter explaining how much I meant to him. Not all guys can be as expressive as him but to me, that’s ultimately sweet and genuine. There were lots actually. He would cook for me when I come home from work, he would massage my head when I’m having migraine attacks. He would sing me songs whenever I ask him to. He would dance with me. Everything he does to me is sweet and magical. Challenge #27: If you had the money/time/connections/whatever to get him/her any gift in the world, what would it be? (ANY) gift? I’d buy him a jet plane so he could come and see me anytime he wants to. :) Challenge #28: If you could have him/her with you physically for the next 5 hours, what would you do? – Eat our favorite food, watch good movies, cuddle in bed and just be in love. Being sexy in every sense of the word actually sounds fantastic right now. Challenge #29: When will you see her/him next? This November. Challenge #30: Where do you see your future going with him/her? It’s still a blur. I don’t know what the future holds but I’m hoping he’s in it.

No comments: