Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

for shelby

First off i would like to sincerely thank you for allowing me the opportunity to further repeat my pre-u1 studies here at millenia institute despite the insufficient grades and poor performance, i am most humiliated by my results and i feel that i have failed many people in my life, including my parents and especially my teachers but most of all i have failed myself.

This year has been a tough one for me, due to a series of unfortunate events happening in my personal life and going through stages of soul searching, i have allowed my emotions to affect my studies and was unable to give in my full effort into penning down the knowledge i have gained in the classroom into my exam papers. I have been dealt a harsh blow and a rude awakening upon receiving my grades, i did not expect to receive sub-standard grades.

However I must let you know that i do believe that given the chance I would like to prove to you that I am capable of redeeming myself next year and will not ever let an incident such as this ever repeat itself. I have been enlightened and have realised the folly of my foolishness. Gone are the days where I day-dream in class and spend hours drowning my self in self-pity. I shall buck up and am very determined to pursue my education here at MI and graduate with results sufficient enough to enter a local University course of my desire. I have a tough road ahead of me and it is going to be a extremely difficult race, as you have said countless of times.

I shall be more pro-active in class and responsive towards questions raised by the teachers. I will do my best to contribute and give critical and analytical comments when it is needed. Questions, i shall raise when I am in doubt. I will not let my low self esteem get the better of me and hinder me from learning. I will also be more attentive in class and not day dream during lessons, especially in classes where I am weak and require the most help. I will use the November and December holidays to go through my notes and do a further in-depth research on the topics and notes that my home tutors and subject teachers have given me. Practice is key and hence that shall be my motto for success. I shall not spend the valuable time i have during this 2 months in regret instead I shall pick myself up, dust my knees and continue to climb, I will not stop till i have reached the peak

With all due respect perhaps the actions i have claimed that i will do next year may sound cliche and familiar to you as you would probably receive all sorts of letters promising the same but I do believe that I may be an exception, I am a very determined person and am very hardworking, I will do whatever it is in my power to succeed and I do believe that I can be successful here in Millenia and do everyone and the school proud. I shall strive to perform and shine.

No comments: