Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

tha phuture

I failed out of college and had to move back to my home town, and am currently living with my parents working full time and saving almost all my money for who knows what. All my old highschool friends are either gone, changed, or alcoholic/potheads, so I mostly just read or watch movies after work and on my weekends, and I'm tired of feeling lonely. My dilema is this. I want to move out. To move out I need to meet roomates, to meet roomates I need to make new friends, to make new friends I need to go out and meet people my age. To meet people my age I need to go to bars/clubs, but the problem is that I have very religious, overprotective and judgemental parents, who will kick me out if I go out drinking. So I'm stuck in a rut. I've tried looking on OKcupid to meet some girls but the few that actually interested me only replied a couple times and the ones who did message me first are kinda not really interesting to me. I need to think of some new hobbies I can try where there will be girls/guys my own age so I can make a new group of friends.

I've been rotting away after moving home 8 months ago and I really regret failing college, I had a great group of friends there but sadly they're a few states away. I need to change something with my life before things get more out of hand than they already are. I've put on some weight and have gotten much more socially awkward around people due to my reclusiveness, in college I was pretty outgoing and sociable.

I know there's not really a specific question in here, but any sort of input would be appreciated :/ If anyone has been in a similiar situation, where did you meet people, and what hobbies did you take up?

No comments: