Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

mutant

luelinkz

I've talked about this before but people refuse to believe anything so I'll try to play this down as much as possible, since when I give the raw facts you guys just rage.

So here's the deal: my brain is seriously mutated. It is 3-5lbs heavier than the average brain (depending on what doctor I talk to) and has an extremely abnormal vascular system. My vascular system is branched 3-4x as much as an average brain which means I have 3-4x the amount of blood vessels sending blood to various parts of my brain. This was discovered using a contrasted fMRI (for those pre-med students out there) in addition I have two basal arteries supplying blood flow to my brain. I'm not fucking around here, I have two, and every doctor who has looked at the MRIs and even the technicians have been flabbergasted. No one knows why, or how my brain is this mutated. I also have a higher concentration of oxygen traveling into my brain at any given time, a doctor hypothesized that it is a natural body compensation for the larger size of my brain and neurovascular network. However, another said that this has nothing to do with the oxygen concentration and that he couldn't begin to explain why my blood would be more oxygenated, other than a mutation. Doctors have joked around about how it's just a matter of time until I start having telekinesis or ESP, but really the only thing I notice is that I'm extremely sensitive to all sensory input, get tons of headaches, have tons of neck/back problems and pain, likely due to my heavy ass brain. I used to have a perfect photographic memory, but as I grew up that's kinda faded into a near photographic memory with extreme retention (I remember distinct events, days, and feelings all the way back until 2 years of age, some very tiny memories, like snapshots, of images or feelings when I was 1 and even one at around 6 months). Oh also I have bone spurs and calcifications on my spine, to the point where my chiropractor was in utter disbelief that a person my age could have such growths without repeated severe head trauma, and even then the build-ups are unheard of on anyone less than 1/2 my age.

But overall, the trade-off isn't worth it, and I have chronic headaches which no doctor can do anything for other than hypothesize and give me symptom based treatments.So, unless I get superpowers in the next few years, anyone wanna trade brains? You might have to have your cranium expanded to fit it, though.

No comments: