Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

The tale

I lay in wait in a dark crevice with many of my brothers willing to serve the cause, ever ready to wipe up your mess - this drilled in since our inception. We are the elite, the most capable and we are ready to serve. We were hand picked from the lot - a special group of elite to serve when the moment is dire. We are proud and we are willing.

The moment is here, we are ready. Emerging the darkness and coming to the light we are revealed in all our glory, we are offered to the other commanders as the key for victory and I am chosen by a rather unremarkable looking fat man, as he takes me he organises my resources and thinkers up a plan of attack a pincer movement he chooses, the enemy in two caves, hidden however very much there. He attacks both sides of each cave and finally the enemy surrendering to attack emerges and in a last ditch attempt they commit to a suicidal move, and the victory is ours. However I am stricken with a poison they hurled at us, breathing seems unnatural to me now. I am dying.

The commander has me transferred with all the poisoned soldiers to a medical tent to await the great fire that will consume us. As I wait there I get to know some other dying soldiers from different companies, the war has taken a toll on our people, but, I am sure we will come out victorious. I refuse to let my death be in vain. I am awoken in the middle of the night and brought to a truck to await the journey to the fire chambers. I tell comforting words to one next to me, and to the other beside me i told him i will see him in a paradise they speak of. I am ready for death

As I lay with the last breath ever coming closer and the view of the great fire churning in the distance I couldn't help but think that I have lived an epic tale, the tale of the wet tissue paper;
"come then great fire! incinerate me for i have served well." Remember me my friends, remember my story I am Tissue paper number 65 from Kleenex Company. Buy us now! we are the best and we are ready, tissue paper 1 dollar.

No comments: