Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

The Impact of Film Censorship on the New Zealand Society

Hello there,

I am a foreign student from Singapore who has taken up Media Studies as a subject for my Year 13. As part of my internal assignment i have been given the task of researching and analyzing the impact of Film Censorship on New Zealand Society.

As i am new to this Country and possess no knowledge of New Zealand Culture or their film reviews and such. I would like to plead for assistance with my task.

I have spent some time reading your site censor.org.nz and I've stumbled upon a few film titles for review such as Matariki, Once were Warriors and Out of the Blue. I have yet to see them but I for see some difficulties i might encounter such as the Maori Culture hence, Is there any other films that i can review for my project. Something that isn't entirely a New Zealand made film but still I might have some opinions / ideas of.

I do watch a lot of short-films and Independent Films, mostly being rated Restricted or NC-17 by the MPAA Board. Is there any way i can apply recent or interesting films that have been censored or banned for view in New Zealand as part of my case study?

Also I would need a list of films that have brought about significant positive impacts to the New Zealand Society, culturally, emotionally or as a group.

Any help, ideas or such would be greatly appreciated and put towards good use. I hope you will render any assistance.

Thank you very much

Regards
Mohamed Sahdique Caubang

No comments: